Skip to main content

My current Home Screen


First Row

MultiTimer - Multiple times and multiple types of timers (count up, down, stopwatch, interval) for all types of application     

Apple Maps - how I get from here to there   

DayOne - Daily journaling app, syncs with all my devices

ContactsXL - a better contacts manager

Second Row

 OverCast - Trying this out for a while.  I either use this or pocket casts

Apple Safari - web browser 

Dictionary - free dictionary with all sorts of information 

Numerical - the calculator with no equal

Third Row

Facebook - As a pastor I follow other pastors and churches, my relatives and a few people from high school

Twitterific - I follow news sources, companies and developers that produce software I like and pastors and churches

Study Bible - Logos, which is not Faithlife makes the most complete and useful bible software system out there.  Works awesome on desktop machines and pretty good on mobile

Bear - This is awesome for writing.  I am currently in a 500 Words per Day challenge and I use Bear. Some people say it is great for notes and will beat out Apple notes.  I have not tried that yet.  So I am still testing it.

Fourth Row

DEVONThink - Evernote got to the point where it was useless on mobile.  So I switched to DEVONThink.  This is app, I own the database.  I can put it anywhere and use dropbox or any NAS to sync with mobile.  It has a file structure like finder and it is much easier to use and organize than what Evernote has become

Scanbot - I can documents all the time.  This will do a great job scanning then save it or share it any way I want

Buy Me a Pie! - This is the shared grocery store app my wife and I use

Slack - A communicate with several groups through slack a private tool for small groups or teams

Fifth Row

Apple Clock - This is my alarm clock and timer (when I only need to time one thing).  I like this timer because it works with Siri

Forecast Bar - I switch weather apps every year.  This year it is this one.

Unread - I still follow several tech blogs via RSS and this is the tool I use

Banktivity - Checkbook and bank account manager

Sixth Row

Drafts - The place where text starts.  I am still trying to get this into my daily habit instead of going straight to iMessages

Pocket - My "Read it later" service.  Also interfaces with IFTTT

1Password - The best password manager for IOS, I believe

Mic'd - A great voice memo recorder.  works with Apple Watch too.  Syncs everything via iCloud.

Dock

Informant - One of the best calendars for IOS.  Informant 5 adds a great task manager.  I am seeing if this can replace OmniFocus

Apple Messages - iMessages

Apple Phone App - After all this is still a phone.  As a pastor I get many calls.  I can be reached via 4 numbers on this phone.  1) The number that came with it; 2) Sideline app allows a second number; 3) Our church uses Vonage, so the main number can ring this phone; 4) I have my own extension through Vonage and it will ring this phone

Apple Mail - After trying Spark and Airmail and others, I am back to Apple Mail.  I don't get much email (30 a week) and I get most of my email on my desktop machine, so Apple Mail is good enough for my purposes


Apple Watch:  For me, any useful app must have an Apple Watch connection.  Any app that has an Apple Watch app will also get noticed by me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stressed by email?

Cornerstone Fellowship *Farewell Sermon* 6-4-23 Rev. Michael L. Wilson

Thoughts on Dinosaurs

There is a commercial on TV where there is a flying lizard and a larger flying lizard comes along side.  This is advertising some dinosaur exhibit at some learning center of museum in Northern California.  When we see animations like this, some may think that this is actually what ancient reptile beasts looked like.  When we think of dinosaurs, we need to understand a few things. We have no idea what dinosaurs looked like.  We have no idea what any of them sounded like.  We don’t know what color they were or what texture their skin was (mostly). We have no idea what they ate.   We have no idea if they were friendly and docile or violent and full of rage. We have no idea how they walked, how fast they walked or if any of them flew. We have no idea why we don’t have any dinosaurs on earth anymore. This is because we have never found a dinosaur.  In fact we have only found the spaces where their bones were.  When a dinosaur died, it may have gotten buried.  All the skin and mus