Skip to main content

Thoughts on the Emmys

The other night an award show giving awards to people who work on TV shows aired on TV.  I did not watch the Emmys.  I will not watch the Oscars, the Grammys or any other award show.  The main reason is simple.  As Ben Shapiro says, “people don’t like being yelled at, lectured and told they are wrong.”  The Emmys was nothing more than a replay of the DNC.  I have said this before and I will say it again.  Hillary sealed her doom, with my vote, when she said that I was in a basket of deplorables.  My view is shared by sales people all over the world.  You do not get a sale by insulting your customer.

I am a customer of TV shows.  Their goal is to make shows engaging enough to grab my attention so that I will watch them.  As I watch them they will insert commercials selling things.  The more eyeballs watching a show, the higher price the networks can charge for advertising.  The primary revenue of TV networks, therefore, is advertising.

When I was younger, various award shows were interesting.  The Emmys would introduce me to TV shows that I did not know about.  The Oscars would tease movies that I had not seen and the Grammys would introduce  me to new music.  The Tonys would also tell me about plays in New York, but I never go there to watch plays.

Today, since everything is political and divided, the Emmys debased President  Trump and demeaned everyone who voted for him, or who voted against Hillary.  The Hollywood elite seem to have a problem  understanding that the election is over and President Trump has been president for 6 months now.  There seems to be a strange movement to remove President Trump or delegitimize him.  I hope they understand that there is no way, legally or constitutionally, that Hillary will become president.  The only way she can become president is run again in 2020.

And so I do not watch much TV.  When I do sit down in front of my TV to watch something, it is usually a British mystery show like Father Brown, Republic of Doyle, Foyle’s War, Doc Martin or one of those.  They have no commercials, and they are not covered in America’s great political divide.

If someone hates me, constantly tells me I am wrong and won’t shut and how mislead and evil I am in my beliefs and actions, I will avoid them.  If they are TV, I will avoid TV.  I will watch older or foreign shows to entertain and protect myself from the onslaught.  As an aside, the Emmys ratings are low for the second year in a row.  Ratings are used to determine how much can be charged for advertising.  Low ratings means less money.  Eventually they may not have enough money to put on the Emmys.  Until then I will not watch any of the self-congratulating award shows that serve no moral purpose and are simply a sign of the pride of hubris of today’s Hollywood elite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stressed by email?

Cornerstone Fellowship *Farewell Sermon* 6-4-23 Rev. Michael L. Wilson

Thoughts on Dinosaurs

There is a commercial on TV where there is a flying lizard and a larger flying lizard comes along side.  This is advertising some dinosaur exhibit at some learning center of museum in Northern California.  When we see animations like this, some may think that this is actually what ancient reptile beasts looked like.  When we think of dinosaurs, we need to understand a few things. We have no idea what dinosaurs looked like.  We have no idea what any of them sounded like.  We don’t know what color they were or what texture their skin was (mostly). We have no idea what they ate.   We have no idea if they were friendly and docile or violent and full of rage. We have no idea how they walked, how fast they walked or if any of them flew. We have no idea why we don’t have any dinosaurs on earth anymore. This is because we have never found a dinosaur.  In fact we have only found the spaces where their bones were.  When a dinosaur died, it may have gotten buried.  All the skin and mus