Skip to main content

Thoughts on Blaming

Today, it seems, that the name of the game is this:  find someone to blame.  Of course this is as old as history itself.  Eve ate of the tree, then she gave it to Adam.  When God confronted them, Adam blamed God for Eve and Eve blamed the serpent.  In my history, I was born into a family with 1 older brother, therefore he could always blame me and I could always blame him.

Blaming people is useful to shift the responsibility away from the malefactor.  Recently Hillary Clinton went on TV several times and listed everything in the world that was responsible for her losing the election.  The one item missing from her list was herself.  Everybody that does anything is responsible for their own actions.  If it turns out bad, then we blame others.

Blaming other people for my own sins and wrong doings is a great way to ameliorate my own feelings and if I am a public figure I can turn the eyes of the world on someone else.  If I commit a crime, and successfully blame someone else, I might avoid prison.  Therefore, good, quality blaming can be useful but it is not always right.

If I did do something wrong as a child, blaming my older brother might allow me to avoid punishment but it would negatively impact the relationship between my brother and I.  If I blame co-workers for things I did wrong, they might get called into the bosses office, but I would lose all my friends.  Therefore, it seems to me, that blaming others puts me above other people and causes me to be alone.  This was my problem with the Hillary Clinton campaign.  She turned me against her when she said said that I was in a bucket of deplorables.  Blaming the voters, during a campaign is a great way to lose votes and end up all alone.

Ultimately, every person will stand before Jesus Christ.  At that time, I am sure that some will blame others, or perhaps even blame God himself.  That will not work because Jesus Christ knows all and sees all.  He knows everything people have done and verbal blaming is ineffective.  The perfect Judge of Jesus Christ will not need to hear any evidence, he knows it all.

It is the better person who takes responsibility for what they do, good or bad.  Now, when I say take responsibility,  I mean really take responsibility and not just say it, like the politicians.  Taking full responsibility means taking the full consequences which honest people will do.  If they are demoted or fired or lose relationships as part of the consequences, then so be it.  In the end they will be seen as honest and people will want to work with them.  People today need to learn to blame themselves for the things they say and the things they do.  Take the praise and the criticism as part of taking full responsibility.    Trustworthy people do not blame others but take whatever comes for their own words and actions.




#Thoughts on Blaming#

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stressed by email?

Cornerstone Fellowship *Farewell Sermon* 6-4-23 Rev. Michael L. Wilson

Thoughts on Dinosaurs

There is a commercial on TV where there is a flying lizard and a larger flying lizard comes along side.  This is advertising some dinosaur exhibit at some learning center of museum in Northern California.  When we see animations like this, some may think that this is actually what ancient reptile beasts looked like.  When we think of dinosaurs, we need to understand a few things. We have no idea what dinosaurs looked like.  We have no idea what any of them sounded like.  We don’t know what color they were or what texture their skin was (mostly). We have no idea what they ate.   We have no idea if they were friendly and docile or violent and full of rage. We have no idea how they walked, how fast they walked or if any of them flew. We have no idea why we don’t have any dinosaurs on earth anymore. This is because we have never found a dinosaur.  In fact we have only found the spaces where their bones were.  When a dinosaur died, it may have gotten buried.  All the skin and mus