Skip to main content

Thoughts on the government and my church

I am still fighting the county.  Every since 2010, every year, they claim we are no longer a non-profit and we must send cooperation documents, tax-free applications and many other forms.  Our two renting churches must also do that every year.  There is no way to perpetually call us a church and when we change, I will notify them.  No, they must demand forms and claim they don’t get them and just send us bills and penalties.

Today I called the county again.  All forms were sent into their office back in October.  I received a return receipt on October 10.  They still have not opened their mail or even looked to see if they have my forms.  When I call, they say that they are busy and they will get around to it when they feel like it.  When I consider the private companies I deal with, if one of them put a $9,000 charge on my credit card and were lax and not interested in fixing it, I would immediately stop doing business with them and call the credit card company to fight this for me.

Of course, when people are fighting the government, there is no recourse.  The government can do whatever they want and take as long as they want and there is no appeal and no way to speed up their work.  They cannot be fired and they will get regular raises through their union contract and they don’t care.  I am at fault for calling them, and how dare I want a resolution to this issue.

Alameda county claims that they have been inundated with people turning in late forms.  If this was a for-profit corporation the company would figure out what they were doing wrong to result in so many people sending in late forms.  But the county has a policy and a regulation and there is no need to change anything.  I can prove that I sent in my forms the first week of January, but they claim to have never received them (return receipts are meaningless to them) and I have to do them again and again and again, while the bills and warrants and late fees all pile up.

The progressive left is all about separation of church and state.  Something that does not exist in any part of the constitution, bill of rights or federal code.  Yet they preach it and sue for it and shut down things because of it.  Yet in Alameda county the government is all up in our business, telling us what we can and cannot do and even declaring that we are not a church.

They need to leave churches alone.  Ever since the Supreme Court declared that Scientology is a church, the government has no business judging whether this group or that group is a church.  Anything goes, according to the SCOTUS.  So the dance with the government continues.  I call every week and am told to wait, while a $9,000 tax bill sits on my desk.

No one can tell me the value or goodness of the county shutting down churches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stressed by email?

Cornerstone Fellowship *Farewell Sermon* 6-4-23 Rev. Michael L. Wilson

Thoughts on Dinosaurs

There is a commercial on TV where there is a flying lizard and a larger flying lizard comes along side.  This is advertising some dinosaur exhibit at some learning center of museum in Northern California.  When we see animations like this, some may think that this is actually what ancient reptile beasts looked like.  When we think of dinosaurs, we need to understand a few things. We have no idea what dinosaurs looked like.  We have no idea what any of them sounded like.  We don’t know what color they were or what texture their skin was (mostly). We have no idea what they ate.   We have no idea if they were friendly and docile or violent and full of rage. We have no idea how they walked, how fast they walked or if any of them flew. We have no idea why we don’t have any dinosaurs on earth anymore. This is because we have never found a dinosaur.  In fact we have only found the spaces where their bones were.  When a dinosaur died, it may have gotten buried.  All the skin and mus