Skip to main content

Thoughts on a strange encounter

The other day I took my mother to the emergency room with kidney problems.  While she was being treated, I went outside to get some sun.  A person was sitting outside crying and I asked if I could help.  This person was dressed like a woman, had a woman’s name, but also had several days of stubble growth of a beard.  This person told me that people were so mean to them that they just felt so bad.  So they hitchhiked to the hospital, leaving their car by the side of the road.  The emergency room could not find anything wrong so they were discharged without treatment and they were very upset with this.

This person told me that they had asked five people for money that day and all five were mean to them.  This is the strange part of the encounter.  First, this person is a confused being who cannot figure out what they want to be today.  Culture would call them a trans-gender of fluid-gender person depending on how often they changed.  No matter what the politically correct progressive left says, these people are not a normal part of our society, nor should they be.  If they can figure out what they want to be, and are able to hold down a job and able to emotionally handle it, then fine, they can be part of our society.  But to go to the ER when they are emotionally down and being unemployed so that society in general has to pay for their lifestyle is just unacceptable.

I work 50-60 hours a week and am paid a good, not fabulous, but good wage for my work.  When someone who cannot figure out what they want to be when they grow up comes to me and demands money, I will refuse.  There are truly mental ill people like the people who want to camp at my church.  There are also people abusing substances, who beg on the corners and medians of the intersections.  Add to this group the trans-whatever losers who cannot get or hold a job and who think the world owes them a living and I am done with it all.

I barely make enough for survive in the San Francisco Bay Area, which has one of the highest costs of living in America.  As I have said, I work and work hard for the money (he works hard for the money….).  to put myself in a financial bind where I cannot afford my mortgage or car payment or food, just so this person can get more drugs or whiskey or whatever they want is not going to happen.  I also pay quite a lot in taxes to the Fed and the State and they promise that they will take care of them, but they do not.

I sat and talked with this person at the hospital, prayed with them and gave them a couple of bucks, but when they asked for a ride all over the Bay Area to collect things, I refused.  When they asked for a place to stay, I refused.  When they asked to use my phone, I refused.  I do not have the money or the time to adopt this person and take care of their well being for the rest of their life, and that is what would happen, if I let it.  The entire system of beggars and homeless is very, very broken and something needs to be done, and I am not going to be the one to do it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stressed by email?

Cornerstone Fellowship *Farewell Sermon* 6-4-23 Rev. Michael L. Wilson

Thoughts on Dinosaurs

There is a commercial on TV where there is a flying lizard and a larger flying lizard comes along side.  This is advertising some dinosaur exhibit at some learning center of museum in Northern California.  When we see animations like this, some may think that this is actually what ancient reptile beasts looked like.  When we think of dinosaurs, we need to understand a few things. We have no idea what dinosaurs looked like.  We have no idea what any of them sounded like.  We don’t know what color they were or what texture their skin was (mostly). We have no idea what they ate.   We have no idea if they were friendly and docile or violent and full of rage. We have no idea how they walked, how fast they walked or if any of them flew. We have no idea why we don’t have any dinosaurs on earth anymore. This is because we have never found a dinosaur.  In fact we have only found the spaces where their bones were.  When a dinosaur died, it may have gotten buried.  All the skin and mus