Skip to main content

Washington DC or ISIS? Whom shall I fear?

The federal government is all over the news again demanding “backdoors” into our phones and computers.  They claim that if phones have secrets hidden in them, then terrorist and criminals can function unmolested by the FBI.  So the FBI and other government agencies whine and complain that their job is difficult because people have secrets.

My thought on this is very simple.  If you were to ask me whom I fear more, Washington DC or ISIS, I would quickly say Washington DC.  I am also concerned about Sacramento, California and Alameda County.  This is because I have never been harmed or damaged by ISIS, directly or any terrorist organization.  Yes, America was attached, once and we recovered.  For me, the only place I see the effect of those attacks are in the actions of TSA when I fly.  People take off their shoes because of Richard Reid and we go through metal detectors because of D.B. Cooper.  Other than air travel, life for me goes on.

Yet, I bump into the various governments every day.  With regard to how they have harmed me, I am currently in a fight with the county of Alameda because they say my church is a political organization, and therefore needs to be taxed.  They have threatened to seize my property and shut us down.  If you think they will not do it, there is a Lutheran church around the corner that they seized and shut down.  What can I do about this?  Nothing.  There is no way to fight the county or the government at any level.  I do not have the money, time or legal representation.

Many years ago my wife and I got a letter form the IRS saying that our farm was being audited and we were being assessed a $6,000 tax on our farm.  We do not own a farm and have never owned a farm.  Someone mistyped our data in the computer system and put us in the category of farmers.  That took 8 months and $1,600 to fight and it was their mistake.  But the government does not make mistakes.

The various governments in America can come against any citizen at any time, for any reason or no reason at all.  They can and do seize property in civil forfeiture and there is no recourse.  As the old saying states, “you can’t fight city hall.”  So when I look at the various threats that are out there, the Federal government, California state government and Alameda county government are the three most dangerous terrorist organizations in my life.

As a Christian I actually do not fear anything on this earth.  I do not wake up in the night shaking from fear of the government.  However if I am asked what concerns me more, governments or ISIS, I would say governments.  So I want my phone encrypted.  I want my computer files kept secret.  I do not want anyone in the government to get an idea that because I pray a certain way, I am a terrorist.  Hillary Clinton has already called Bible believing Christians domestic terrorist (if anyone is wondering why I am glad she is NOT president).  Lois Lerner came against my church in 2010 and the problems we are having with the county come from the fact that her IRS declared our church a political organization.  So anyone who says the government is not against them needs to wake up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stressed by email?

Cornerstone Fellowship *Farewell Sermon* 6-4-23 Rev. Michael L. Wilson

Thoughts on Dinosaurs

There is a commercial on TV where there is a flying lizard and a larger flying lizard comes along side.  This is advertising some dinosaur exhibit at some learning center of museum in Northern California.  When we see animations like this, some may think that this is actually what ancient reptile beasts looked like.  When we think of dinosaurs, we need to understand a few things. We have no idea what dinosaurs looked like.  We have no idea what any of them sounded like.  We don’t know what color they were or what texture their skin was (mostly). We have no idea what they ate.   We have no idea if they were friendly and docile or violent and full of rage. We have no idea how they walked, how fast they walked or if any of them flew. We have no idea why we don’t have any dinosaurs on earth anymore. This is because we have never found a dinosaur.  In fact we have only found the spaces where their bones were.  When a dinosaur died, it may have gotten buried.  All the skin and mus